Tax Relief Committee
No meetings currently scheduled.
5 of 5 seats. 3 years each seat.
- Ryan Mailloux.
- Barbara Carulli . 2022.
- Shirley Thomas. 2023.
- Don Robinson. 2024.
- Sam Black. 2024.
HELP OUR SENIORS WITH SOME TAX RELIEF
- Many Seniors and residents with disabilities in Leverett struggle to pay their taxes and want to be able to continue to make Leverett their home.
- The Leverett Tax Relief Committee distributes funds yearly to income eligible residents: Seniors 60 and over, as well as qualified individuals with disabilities.
- The Committee is now funded exclusively by donations from Leverett residents. Donations are needed.
- 1,100 (approximately) Tax Bills are sent out in the Town.
- What if 1,000 of Leverett property owners contributed $5.00 a year? Or more?
- 1,000 X $5.00+ = $5,000+
- The Tax Relief Committee just awarded over $5,000 to 11 eligible applicants for 2017.
- Amounts varied between just $250 to $750 depending on need. Not much to defray the total bill!
- Now we need to replenish the Tax Relief fund so we can help again next year.
- YOU CAN HELP!!!
- Help by contributing to the Tax Relief Fund - $5.00 or more. Check the box on the Real Estate bill or your Excise Tax Bill and fill in the amount of your contribution.
- Automatic Deduction: Go online and add your automatic contribution.
- Send a check at any time: Payable to Town of Levertt Tax Relief and get it to our Treasurer/Collector Jason Noschese at Town Hall.
- Information about Tax Relief for Seniors 60 and older and individuals with disabilities:
Contact the Assessor’s Office at Town Hall, 548-4945 or the Board of Assessors.
Thanks from the Leverett Tax Relief Committee for your support!