Next 2 meetings:
- Mon, Jun 12 at 7:00 PM -- Town Hall & online: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85720560676?pwd=bThuajB1LzFWTG9ndU51WUhGZks1QT09
- Mon, Jul 10 at 6:00 PM -- Historic Assets Yearly Review - meet in person 6pm at Field Library/Museum (outside)
8 of 8 seats. 2 years each seat.
- Carole Desanti, Member. October, 2024.
- Edie Field, Honorary.
- Susan Mareneck, Chair. 2024.
- Anne Schuyler. 2023.
- Sara Robinson. 2023.
- Susan Lynton. 2023.
- Ann Tweedy. 2024.
- Eva Gibavic. 2024.
Jenn Doherty, Massachusetts Historical Commission,
Local Government Program Coordinator
Presentation to Leverett on
"Secretary of the Interior Standards for Restoration, Preservation, Reconstruction and Rehabilitation"*
(Link to Video Presentation)
* Standards required for any project using Community Preservation Act funding
A SENSE OF WHERE YOU ARE SERIES
Finding and Interpreting Leverett's Industrial Heritage in the Landscape
December 1st 2022: Virtual Visit to Leverett's Charcoal Kiln and Charcoal Industry
supported by the Leverett CPA fund
This virtual visit to the Charcoal Kiln happened on December 1, 2022.
Leverett's Charcoal Industry
Part of the ongoing project, "A Sense of Where You Are, Finding and Interpreting Mill Foundations in the Landscape", this event is funded by the Leverett Community Preservation Act Fund.
A video of the April zoom visit
to the Graves' Ironworks
on the Sawmill River in North Leverett
can be viewed at
A video of the October zoom visit
to the Slarrow Sawmill on North Leverett Road
can be viewed at
For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
See you online!
Leverett Historical Commission
Volunteers cleared Leverett's historic town pound landmark this summer!
Link to a Youtube 3D video is: https://youtu.be/
Read the report on findings from the 2017-18 Historical Assets Survey -
Charcoal Kiln (coke kilns)
Read a report about the Leverett Family Museum
The Historical Commission, with grants from Mass Humanities (Research Inventory Grant), Community Preservation Commisstion, and Boston Public Library, is proud to release the first of many volumes of records from the Town of Leverett vault. Please feel free to browse.
- Massachusetts Historical Commission
- Leverett Historical Society
- Leverett Family Museum Preservation Survey
- Grave Matters
- Rattlesnake Gutter Trust
- Thu, May 25, 2023 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall
- Mon, May 8, 2023 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall & online: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85720560676?pwd=bThuajB1LzFWTG9ndU51WUhGZks1QT09
- Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 07:00 PM -- Online only: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86125147556
- Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 07:00 PM -- Due to weather ONLINE ONLY: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85720560676?pwd=bThuajB1LzFWTG9ndU51WUhGZks1QT09
- Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall & online: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85720560676?pwd=bThuajB1LzFWTG9ndU51WUhGZks1QT09
- Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall & online: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85720560676?pwd=bThuajB1LzFWTG9ndU51WUhGZks1QT09
- Show 74 More...
Historical Commission Meetings
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-03-06 Minutes.pdf||2017-04-12 10:14:07|
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-04-10 Minutes.pdf||2017-05-08 15:33:54|
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-04-10 Minutes Revides 2.pdf (View on Calendar)||2017-05-08 17:05:09|
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-04-10 Minutes Revised.doc||2017-05-03 00:47:13|
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-05-08 Minutes.pdf (View on Calendar)||2017-07-03 11:11:01|
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-06-12 Minutes.pdf (View on Calendar)||2017-07-03 11:38:50|
|Leverett Historical Commission 2017-07-03 Minutes.pdf (View on Calendar)||2017-08-08 13:45:04|