Historical Commission Meeting
A meeting of the Historical Commission
Meeting of Historical Commission
- Absent: Ann Tweedy, at 7:00 PM
- Absent: Edie Field, Honorary
- Absent: Eva Gibavic, at 7:00 PM
- Present: Susan Lynton, at 7:00 PM
- Present: Anne Schuyler, at 7:00 PM
- Present: Sara Robinson, at 7:00 PM
- Present: Susan Mareneck, Chair, at 7:00 PM
- Carol Heim
- Pleun Bouricius
- Kathy Stoddard
- Brian Emond
* * * DRAFT Meeting Minutes * * *
Meeting opened: 7:10 PM
Meeting closed: 7:40 PM
Meeting Opened / Attendance Taken (see above).
Approve Minutes: Mon, Apr 11 - Historical Commission meeting
Review McGovern proposal
Historical Asset Preservation - "Building A Sustainable and Thriving Rural Community Using Historical Assets as Economic Anchors" - Non-federal Project Request for Funding
(Brief announcement by Pleun Bouricius that the "Visit to the Graves' Ironworks" on the Sawmill River will be at 7pm, 4/22/22 and in person on Sunday 4/24 @ 2pm. Parking will be at the Baptist Church in North Leverett.)
Statements on whether to support the McGovern proposal:
Kathy Stoddard - "slow down"
Brian Emond - "not in favor of proposal"
Anne Schuyler - "worried about planning"
One argument in favor is that the Sawmill needs to have a revenue source to be insurable. The Sustainable Economy Committee and the Leverett Education Foundation have written letters of support.
No vote possible since two of the LHC members making the quorum are officers of the Leverett Historical Society, which is the entity submitting the earmark request.
May meeting will be at 5pm.
- Next Meetings:
- Mon, May 9, at 5:00 PM "Historical Commission meeting" -- https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86125147556
- Mon, Jun 13, at 5:30 PM "Historical Commission meeting" -- https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86125147556
- Mon, Jul 11, at 6:00 PM "Historical Commission Meeting" -- https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86125147556
- Mon, Aug 8, at 7:00 PM "Historical Commission Meeting" -- https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86125147556
- Meeting Closed at 7:40 PM.
- Next Meetings:
Minutes prepared by SM
Posted to: Historical Commission