- Appointed and Elected Officials
- A - E
- Affordable Housing
- Board of Assessors
- Board of Health
- Community Preservation
- Conservation Commission
- Council on Aging (COA)
- Cultural Council
- Dog Officer
- Emergency Planning
- Energy Committee
- F - R
- S - Z
- School Committee
- Select Board
- Tax Collector
- Town Clerk
- Town Hall
- Transfer Station
- About Us
Builders BOH Check List
BOH Check List for new builders
Last Edit 12/27/06
1. Obtain Conservation Commission agreement to wetland boundaries or verify that there are no wetlands within 100 feet of the work area.
2. Soil Evaluation Test (Perc Test)
- Must be witnessed by Leveret Board of Health Representative and performed by a MA State certified soil evaluator
- Pay fee at or prior to test with a check payable to the Town of Leverett
3. Obtain a street number assigned by the Leverett Town Clerk, 413-548-9150
4. Application for Disposal System Construction Permit (DSCP)
- Must be completed by MA State registered engineer or sanitarian.
- Provide a signed DSCP application and 2 copies of the plan and soil evaluation (4 if requesting a variance) to Board of Health with filling fee.
- Provide 1 additional plan and soil evaluation to the Health Agent.
5. Application for Well Construction
- Submit a signed well permit to the Board of Health and Conservation Commission (if Required)
- Pay fee with a check payable to the Town of Leverett
- Well driller must be licensed by the State of MA
- Well completion report must be submitted to the Board of Health
6. Water Test
- Sample must be taken and sent to a MA state certified Lab by professional (typically the well driller or pump installer)
- Water test results must be provided to the Board of Health
7. Building Permit
- The Board requires that all above steps are complete before signing building permit. (DSCP is valid for 2 years and Install can happen anytime with in the 2 years, a 1 year extension is also available if it is applied for before the 2 year expiration)
8. Install Septic system
- Must be installed by an installer licensed in town of Leverett
- Must be inspected by a Board of Health Representative.
- Obtain signatures of Installer, designer and Board of Health
Representative to complete Certificate of Compliance (Required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from the Building Inspector).
Latest Fee structure can be found on our website or by contacting the Board of Health.
Please include the type of fee being paid and the street address or map-parcel number of the property on the check.
Leverett Board of Health Contact Information:
Phone: 413-548-1022 (Leave a message and a board member will contact you)
Address: 9 Montague Road, Leverett, MA 01054