- Appointed and Elected Officials
- A - E
- Affordable Housing
- Board of Assessors
- Board of Health
- Community Preservation
- Conservation Commission
- Council on Aging (COA)
- Cultural Council
- Dog Officer
- Emergency Planning
- Energy Committee
- F - R
- S - Z
- School Committee
- Select Board
- Tax Collector
- Town Clerk
- Town Hall
- Transfer Station
- About Us
Applications for Funding in 2011
For December 2011 Newsletter
COMMUNITY PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
The Community Preservation Committee has funds available for open space preservation, affordable housing, historic preservation, or recreation. Have you seen your Community Preservation dollars at work recently?
Perhaps you have noticed that funds you appropriated at the last Town Meeting are in use right now restoring the Town Hall. Other funds you appropriated last April have been used to purchase a parcel of land on the shore of Leverett Pond. The purchase is complete and a Conservation Restriction has been recorded. Take a walk on the Friendship Trail next to the Leverett Pond inlet channel and see this new acquisition. Less visible, research and documentation is underway to apply to have three new National Historic Districts for North Leverett, Moore’s Corner, and East Leverett to join our Leverett Center Historic District. You will be hearing more about these in coming months.
We have received the following New Applications for funding in 2011:
1. From the Leverett Conservation Commission, Kestral Trust, and Rattlesnake Gutter Trust, an application for $170,000 to purchase a Conservation Restriction on Teewaddle Hill Farm, eliminating development rights on the farm in perpetuity, for the purposes of protecting agricultural lands and natural resources, maintaining the property in its natural, scenic, and undeveloped condition, providing public access for recreation, and preventing uses or changes that interfere with these values.
2. From the Leverett Cemetery Association, an application for $28,000 for restoration of 90+ stones in the North Cemetery located on Montague Road about a mile north of Town Hall.
3. From the North Leverett Cemetery Association, an application for $29,950 to begin restoration of the Moores Corner Cemetery located on Rattlesnake Gutter Road near the North Leverett Coop by replacing the fence along the street side.
4. From Ted Goodnight and Katherine Theodore, an application for $23,222 to restore the sills, beams, joists, and roof of the 1806 house at 21 Still Corner Road in East Leverett.
A copy of the complete text and backup materials for each of these proposals is available at Town Hall. Please stop by and take a look, and plan to attend our public hearing in March. Those projects recommended to Town Meeting will be voted on in April.
Laurel S. Kahn for the Community Preservation Committee